After listening reports from related parties, visiting the power plant, ash pond, coal port, and reviewing project documents…the mission concluded that the project has adequate legal basis, testing results are reliable and in conformity with the bidding document, the power plant operates stable, satisfying condition for granting PAC for two units of Nghi Son 1 thermal power plant.
Picture: the mission is in inspection at Nghi Son 1 thermal power plant project
As being put into operation, the power plant will increase power supply capability, serving for socio-economic development of the North Central region, through that reducing dependency of power system to hydro-power source, especially in dry season and drought year, reducing power loss, increasing safety, stability, and economic in operation of the power system.
Basic information on Nghi Son 1 thermal power plant is as follows:
– Construction location: Hai Ha Commune, Tinh Gia District, Thanh Hoa Province;
– Employer: EVN;
– Contractor: Marubeni (Japan);
– Total investment: over VND 22,000 billion;
– Capacity: 600 MW (2 units);
– Annual power output: about 3.6 billion kWh;
– Construction commencement date: July/2010;
– Trial power generation: unit 1 in October /2013; unit 2 in February/2014.
Phan Bach Khoa